In Expatistan (We or us) we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy (together with our disclaimer and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our website, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection regulations, Gerardo Robledillo Gomez, with registered office at Šumavská 1081/10, 120 00, Praha 2 – Vinohrady, Organization Id No.: 747 10 761 is the provider of the service Expatistan, and hereby informs you about the manner and scope of processing the personal data of users of Expatistan, including the scope of Expatistan's users' rights in relation to such processing.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live-chat or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, get a salary calculation, sign up to receive updates from us and when you report a problem with our site. The personal information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information and other information about yourself to enable us to provide you with our price information, price comparison, salary calculation services or other related services.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website.
Information we receive from other sources
We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them. This may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Fulfiling your requests:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including providing you with price information, cost of living comparisons and salary calculations; and
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with us; and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to provide you with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to send you cost-of-living updates and other newsletter content, when you have chosen to receive them.
- Service Improvements and account management:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to manage and operate your account with us.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If Expatistan or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required in order to obtain professional advice.
We may also share with third parties aggregate information or information that does not personally identify you.
As part of running our service, we use the following processors to process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Google AdSense
Google AdSense is an advertising service provided by Google Inc. This service uses the “Doubleclick” Cookie, which tracks use of our site and User behavior concerning ads, products and services offered. Users may decide to disable all the Doubleclick Cookies by clicking on: adssettings.google.com.
- Google AdSense
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this Service, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Google Analytics
- Handling payments
Payment processing services allow us to process payments by credit card or other means. To ensure greater security, we do not collect any payment information directly, other than the result of the transaction as sent to us by the payment providers. Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to you, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment.
We use the following payment provider services:
- Braintree, a payment service provided by Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc.
- Hosting and Web Infraestructure
Hosting and Web infraestructure allow us to host data and files and to serve them to you. They also provide long-term safe storage for our data and files for the purpose of backups, as well as providing services to monitor and fix problems in our infraestructure. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
We use the following hosting and web infraestructure services:
- Messaging and emailing
We use messaging and emailing services to deliver e-mail messages to you. In addition to your e-mail address, these services may collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by you, as well as when you interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
We use the following messaging and emailing services:
- SPAM protection
SPAM protection services analyze the traffic of our site, potentially containing Users' Personal Data, with the purpose of filtering it from parts of traffic, messages and content that are recognized as SPAM.
- General Administration
In order to run the Service in day-to-day operations, we use a suite of tools for document creation, email services, calendar management, etc.
By using AdSense on our site personal information may be shared with the following ad technology providers:
- A9.com, Amazon Europe Core SARL
- Adara Media
- Adobe Advertising Cloud
- AdRoll, Inc.
- advanced STORE GmbH
- Akamai Technologies Inc.
- AppLovin Corp.
- Batch Media
- BDSK Handels GmbH & Co. KG
- C3 Metrics
- Cloud Technologies
- Commanders Act
- Conversant/CJ Affiliate
- Delta Projects
- Dentsu Aegis Network
- DMA Institute
- Fractional Media
- FUSIO BY S4M
- GP One
- Haensel AMS
- Havas Media France - DBi
- Ignition One
- Index Exchange
- Infectious Media
- Integral Ad Science
- Interpublic Group
- Macromill group
- Marketing Science Consulting Group, Inc.
- MBR Targeting Gmbh
- MindTake Research
- Moloco Ads
- Nano Interactive
- Neodata Group
- NEORY GmbH
- Nordic Factory Solutions AB
- Objective Partners
- Omnicom Media Group
- On Device Research
- OpenX Technologies
- Oracle Data Cloud
- Protected Media
- Publicis Groupe
- Rakuten Marketing
- Refined Labs
- RhythmOne LLC
- RN SSI Group
- RTB House
- Rubicon Project
- Salesforce DMP
- Semasio GmbH
- Sift Media
- TACTIC™ Real-Time Marketing
- The Trade Desk
- travel audience – An Amadeus Company
- True Ultimate Standards Everywhere Inc.
- usemax (Emego GmbH)
- Virtual Minds
- Vodafone GmbH
- White Ops
Where we store your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Every cookie is unique to your web browser. The cookie contains certain information such as unique identifier, site name, certain digits and numbers.
There are two types of cookies - temporary cookies and permanent cookies. Temporary cookies are stored on your device (such as a computer, phone ...) until you leave the Website where they are removed. Such cookies are used by the website to remember information when switching between pages so that there is no need to re-enter or fill in the information again. Permanent cookies remain stored in your device even after you leave the website to remember you as a returning visitor - without identifying a particular person.
Cookies can be disabled by changing settings in your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to use this website.
For analytical and ad-serving purposes, we use the service provider cookies of
- Google LLC, located at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States of America, https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies
Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access personal information held about you by Expatistan. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10 EUR to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Updated: 17 May 2018