Cost of living in Rome, Italy
Summary of cost of living in Rome
Family of four estimated monthly costs: €3,500
Single person estimated monthly costs: €1,859
Rome is the 2nd most expensive city in Italy (2 out of 8)
Cost of living in Rome is cheaper than in 63% of cities in Western Europe (45 out of 72)
Cost of living in Rome is more expensive than in 57% of cities in the World (132 out of 304)
Expatistan is a collaborative effort. The data gets better with every new price that you enter.
We need your help! Tell us about prices in Rome.
List of prices in Rome, Italy. Current as of Dec 2019.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 619 prices entered by 85 different people.
Latest price update: December 05, 2019
Moving to Rome with your children?
Rome position in our World Ranking
out of 304
out of 72
out of 8
Cheapest and most expensive products in Rome compared to other cities:
Do you live in Rome? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Cairo costs E£ 15 (19 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Funchal, Madeira costs €500 (34 minutes ago)
- 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats) in Mendoza costs ARS $900 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Toledo, Ohio costs $0.10 (about 2 hours ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Monterrey costs Mex$ 13 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Volgograd costs руб 350 (about 2 hours ago)