Expatistan Cost of Living Index in Oceania
|Ranking||City||Price Index: *|
|1st||Auckland (New Zealand)||185|
|4th||Wellington (New Zealand)||164|
Price Index:To calculate each city's Price Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a central reference city (that happens to be Prague). Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
What is Expatistan?
Expatistan is a cost of living calculator that allows you to compare the cost of living between cities around the world. The comparisons allow you to get a better understanding of the cost of living of any city before you move there.
What makes us unique is that we collect the prices that we use to calculate our cost of living index from visitors like you. Naturally, the more data entered, the more accurate the index and the calculations will be.
That's why we need your help to keep prices accurate and up to date. You can help by entering the prices that you know in Prague.
Prices recently added
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Córdoba costs ARS $2,000 (24 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of rice in Manila costs Php30 (30 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in São Paulo costs R$ 4.40 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in San Carlos de Bariloche costs ARS $100 (about 2 hours ago)
- Sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands) in Francistown costs P150 (about 2 hours ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Bangalore costs ₨1,000 (about 2 hours ago)