Expatistan Cost of Living Index in North America
Price Index:To calculate each city's Price Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a central reference city (that happens to be Prague). Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
What is Expatistan?
Expatistan is a cost of living calculator that allows you to compare the cost of living between cities around the world. The comparisons allow you to get a better understanding of the cost of living of any city before you move there.
What makes us unique is that we collect the prices that we use to calculate our cost of living index from visitors like you. Naturally, the more data entered, the more accurate the index and the calculations will be.
That's why we need your help to keep prices accurate and up to date. You can help by entering the prices that you know in Houston, Texas.
Prices recently added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Seattle, Washington costs $15 (10 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Lima costs S/. 4.00 (13 minutes ago)
- 2 lbs of tomatoes in Providence, Rhode Island costs $22 (13 minutes ago)
- Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city in Montevideo costs $U500 (14 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Berkeley, California costs $60 (about 1 hour ago)
- 6 eggs, large in Atlanta, Georgia costs $2.50 (about 1 hour ago)