Expatistan Cost of Living Index in the Middle East
|Ranking||City||Price Index: *|
|1st||Tel Aviv (Israel)||190|
|4th||Dubai (United Arab Emirates)||156|
|5th||Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)||140|
Price Index:To calculate each city's Price Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a central reference city (that happens to be Prague). Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
What is Expatistan?
Expatistan is a cost of living calculator that allows you to compare the cost of living between cities around the world. The comparisons allow you to get a better understanding of the cost of living of any city before you move there.
What makes us unique is that we collect the prices that we use to calculate our cost of living index from visitors like you. Naturally, the more data entered, the more accurate the index and the calculations will be.
That's why we need your help to keep prices accurate and up to date. You can help by entering the prices that you know in Gold Coast.
Prices recently added
- One-way ticket in public transport in Madrid costs €1.35 (about 1 hour ago)
- Bread for 2 people for 1 day (250 g) in Dhaka costs Taka 20 (about 4 hours ago)
- Public transport in Winnipeg costs C$104 (about 5 hours ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Portland, Oregon costs $50 (about 5 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Río Cuarto costs ARS $250 (about 6 hours ago)
- 40′ flat screen tv in Freetown costs 1,200,000 Leone (about 6 hours ago)