Expatistan Cost of Living Index in the Middle East
|Ranking||City||Price Index: *|
|1st||Tel Aviv (Israel)||185|
|3rd||Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)||167|
|5th||Dubai (United Arab Emirates)||166|
|8th||Ramallah (Palestinian Territory)||146|
|13th||Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)||112|
|14th||Dammam (Saudi Arabia)||97|
Price Index:To calculate each city's Price Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a central reference city (that happens to be Prague). Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
What is Expatistan?
Expatistan is a cost of living calculator that allows you to compare the cost of living between cities around the world. The comparisons allow you to get a better understanding of the cost of living of any city before you move there.
What makes us unique is that we collect the prices that we use to calculate our cost of living index from visitors like you. Naturally, the more data entered, the more accurate the index and the calculations will be.
That's why we need your help to keep prices accurate and up to date. You can help by entering the prices that you know in Prague.
Prices recently added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Manaus costs R$ 40 (less than a minute ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Athens costs €16 (30 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Manila costs Php52 (32 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Calgary costs C$2,033 (36 minutes ago)
- 60 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Toronto costs C$0.22 (44 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Ciudad del Este costs 36,000 Gs (about 1 hour ago)