Expatistan Cost of Living Index in Asia
|Ranking||City||Price Index *|
|4th||Seoul (South Korea)||143|
|13th||Colombo (Sri Lanka)||96|
|14th||Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)||89|
|15th||Chiang Mai (Thailand)||83|
|21st||Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia)||77|
|23rd||Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)||75|
Price Index:To calculate each city's Price Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a central reference city (that happens to be Prague). Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
What is Expatistan?
Expatistan is a cost of living calculator that allows you to compare the cost of living between cities around the world. The comparisons allow you to get a better understanding of the cost of living of any city before you move there.
What makes us unique is that we collect the prices that we use to calculate our cost of living index from visitors like you. Naturally, the more data entered, the more accurate the index and the calculations will be.
That's why we need your help to keep prices accurate and up to date. You can help by entering the prices that you know in Chicago, Illinois.
Recent Prices Added
- One-way ticket in public transport in Brasília costs R$ 5.00 (14 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Grand Cayman costs CI$1,000 (21 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Auckland costs NZ$20,000 (32 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Bishkek costs 100 som (42 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Glasgow costs £6.00 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Berkeley, California costs $25 (about 1 hour ago)