Expatistan Cost of Living Index in Africa
|Ranking||City||Price Index: *|
|1st||Port Louis (Mauritius)||114|
|2nd||Pretoria (South Africa)||104|
|4th||Johannesburg (South Africa)||96|
|5th||Durban (South Africa)||95|
|6th||Cape Town (South Africa)||93|
|9th||Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)||84|
Price Index:To calculate each city's Price Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a central reference city (that happens to be Prague). Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
What is Expatistan?
Expatistan is a cost of living calculator that allows you to compare the cost of living between cities around the world. The comparisons allow you to get a better understanding of the cost of living of any city before you move there.
What makes us unique is that we collect the prices that we use to calculate our cost of living index from visitors like you. Naturally, the more data entered, the more accurate the index and the calculations will be.
That's why we need your help to keep prices accurate and up to date. You can help by entering the prices that you know in Kigali.
Prices recently added
- 1 month of gym membership in business district in Bhubaneswar costs ₨3,000 (23 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Kaohsiung City costs 900,000 NT$ (30 minutes ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Puducherry costs ₨1,000 (36 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of potatoes in Toronto costs C$2.37 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Vancouver costs C$2,033 (about 1 hour ago)
- Weekly rent - 85m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Melbourne costs AU$2,150 (about 1 hour ago)