Cost of living in Hong Kong
Summary of cost of living in Hong Kong
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: HK$60,291
- Single person estimated monthly costs: HK$45,191
- Hong Kong is the most expensive city in Asia (1 out of 21)
- Cost of living in Hong Kong is more expensive than in 97% of cities in the World (9 out of 271)
List of prices in Hong Kong
Current as of Feb 2020.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 931 prices entered by 207 different people.
Latest price update: February 17, 2020
Moving to Hong Kong with your children?
Did you know that ...
Hong Kong position in our World Ranking
out of 271
out of 21
Cheapest and most expensive products in Hong Kong compared to other cities:
Do you live in Hong Kong? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Naucalpan costs Mex$ 3,500 (4 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Coimbra costs €300 (8 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Vienna costs €998 (25 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Ibarra costs $3.50 (38 minutes ago)
- Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city in Winnipeg costs C$30 (40 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 45m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Perth costs AU$1,935 (about 1 hour ago)