Cost of living in Hong Kong
Summary of cost of living in Hong Kong
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: HK$60,199
- Single person estimated monthly costs: HK$43,667
- Hong Kong is the most expensive city in Asia (1 out of 16)
- Cost of living in Hong Kong is more expensive than in 95% of cities in the World (10 out of 198)
List of prices in Hong Kong
Current as of Feb 2021.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 1,226 prices entered by 169 different people.
Latest price update: February 27, 2021
Moving to Hong Kong with your children?
Did you know that ...
Hong Kong position in our World Ranking
out of 198
out of 16
Cheapest and most expensive products in Hong Kong compared to other cities:
Do you live in Hong Kong? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Charlotte, North Carolina costs $16 (22 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Trois-Rivières costs C$10 (about 1 hour ago)
- Bread for 2 people for 1 day (250 g) in San Salvador costs $1.50 (about 2 hours ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Buenos Aires costs ARS $2,000 (about 3 hours ago)
- Ipad wi-fi 128gb in Ankara costs 4,000TL (about 3 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Portland, Oregon costs $1,211 (about 4 hours ago)