Cost of living in Hong Kong
Summary of cost of living in Hong Kong
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: HK$60,199
- Single person estimated monthly costs: HK$43,667
- Hong Kong is the most expensive city in Asia (1 out of 16)
- Cost of living in Hong Kong is more expensive than in 95% of cities in the World (10 out of 198)
List of prices in Hong Kong. Current as of Feb 2021.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 1,226 prices entered by 169 different people.
Latest price update: February 27, 2021
Moving to Hong Kong with your children?
Hong Kong position in our World Ranking
out of 198
out of 16
Cheapest and most expensive products in Hong Kong compared to other cities:
Do you live in Hong Kong? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Eugene, Oregon costs $30 (4 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Panama City costs 7 B/. (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $85 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Varanasi costs ₨2,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in São Paulo costs R$ 3,200 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Charlotte, North Carolina costs $16 (about 2 hours ago)