Cost of living in Thailand
Map of Cost of Living in Thailand
This map shows only the top cities in Thailand. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
Are you moving to Thailand? Do you know how much money you will need there to maintain your current standard of living?
Find out what is the real equivalent in Thailand of your current salary and improve your chances of a happy relocation.
Get a salary conversion report for:
List of all cities available in Thailand
What do you think about the cost of living in Thailand?
Recent Prices Added
- One-way ticket in public transport in Bangkok costs 42 ฿ (about 21 hours ago)
- 2 tickets to the movies in Bangkok costs 340 ฿ (1 day ago)
- Taxi, initial meter charge, weekday at noon in Bangkok costs 35 ฿ (1 day ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Bangkok costs 10,000 ฿ (1 day ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Bangkok costs 170 ฿ (1 day ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Bangkok costs 20 ฿ (2 days ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Bangkok costs 27 ฿ (2 days ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Bangkok costs 1,200,000 ฿ (2 days ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Bangkok costs 900 ฿ (2 days ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Bangkok costs 15,000 ฿ (2 days ago)