Cost of living in New Zealand
Map of Cost of Living in New Zealand
This map shows only the top cities in New Zealand. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
Are you moving to New Zealand? Do you know how much money you will need there to maintain your current standard of living?
Find out what is the real equivalent in New Zealand of your current salary and improve your chances of a happy relocation.
Get a salary conversion report for:
What do you think about the cost of living in New Zealand?
Recent Prices Added
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Auckland costs NZ$300 (about 6 hours ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Auckland costs NZ$3,655 (1 day ago)
- Weekly rent - 1 room (45m2) furnished studio in expensive area in Christchurch costs NZ$1,290 (2 days ago)
- 250 g of local cheese in Wellington costs NZ$10 (2 days ago)
- 1 kg of tomatoes in Wellington costs NZ$8 (2 days ago)
- 6 eggs, large in Wellington costs NZ$10 (2 days ago)
- 2 liters of whole fat milk in Wellington costs NZ$2.00 (2 days ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Wellington costs NZ$9 (2 days ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Wellington costs NZ$10 (2 days ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Wellington costs NZ$20 (2 days ago)