Cost of living in Malaysia
Map of Cost of Living in Malaysia
This map shows only the top cities in Malaysia. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
Are you moving to Malaysia? Do you know how much money you will need there to maintain your current standard of living?
Find out what is the real equivalent in Malaysia of your current salary and improve your chances of a happy relocation.
Get a salary conversion report for:
What do you think about the cost of living in Malaysia?
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Kuala Lumpur costs RM813 (3 days ago)
- Utilities, monthly for 2 people in 85 m2 in Kuala Lumpur costs RM250 (4 days ago)
- Bread for 2 people for 1 day (250 g) in Shah Alam costs RM3.20 (4 days ago)
- 12 eggs, large in Shah Alam costs RM8 (4 days ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Shah Alam costs RM15 (4 days ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Shah Alam costs RM8 (4 days ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Kota Kinabalu costs RM2,000 (5 days ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Kuala Lumpur costs RM1,321 (5 days ago)
- 1 year rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Johor Bahru costs RM84 (6 days ago)
- 2 tickets to the movies in Kuala Lumpur costs RM26 (6 days ago)