Cost of living in Malaysia
Map of Cost of Living in Malaysia
This map shows only the top cities in Malaysia. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
Are you moving to Malaysia? Do you know how much money you will need there to maintain your current standard of living?
Find out what is the real equivalent in Malaysia of your current salary and improve your chances of a happy relocation.
Get a salary conversion report for:
What do you think about the cost of living in Malaysia?
Recent Prices Added
- 1 pack of marlboro cigarettes in Kuala Lumpur costs RM10 (about 8 hours ago)
- 1 month of gym membership in business district in Kuala Lumpur costs RM350 (about 8 hours ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Kuala Lumpur costs RM0.30 (about 8 hours ago)
- Ipod nano 16gb in Kuala Lumpur costs RM750 (about 8 hours ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Kuala Lumpur costs RM4,500 (about 8 hours ago)
- 500 ml beer in neighbourhood pub in Kuala Lumpur costs RM20 (about 8 hours ago)
- Cappuccino in expat area of the city in Kuala Lumpur costs RM15 (about 8 hours ago)
- Cocktail drink in downtown club in Kuala Lumpur costs RM50 (about 8 hours ago)
- Nice dinner at an italian restaurant, dinner for two in Kuala Lumpur costs RM200 (about 8 hours ago)
- 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats) in Kuala Lumpur costs RM75 (about 8 hours ago)