Cost of living in Malaysia
Map of Cost of Living in Malaysia
This map shows only the top cities in Malaysia. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
Are you moving to Malaysia? Do you know how much money you will need there to maintain your current standard of living?
Find out what is the real equivalent in Malaysia of your current salary and improve your chances of a happy relocation.
Get a salary conversion report for:
What do you think about the cost of living in Malaysia?
Recent Prices Added
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Bintulu costs RM100 (about 12 hours ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Kuala Lumpur costs RM2.70 (about 18 hours ago)
- Taxi fare per distance, weekday at noon, per 1 km. in Kuala Lumpur costs RM1.20 (about 22 hours ago)
- Internet 8 mbps, 1 month in Kuala Lumpur costs RM125 (about 22 hours ago)
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 900 sqft in Kuala Lumpur costs RM2,033 (about 22 hours ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Kuala Lumpur costs RM70 (about 22 hours ago)
- 500 ml domestic beer in the supermarket in Kuala Lumpur costs RM8 (about 22 hours ago)
- 6 eggs, large in Kuala Lumpur costs RM6.00 (about 22 hours ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Kuala Lumpur costs RM7 (about 22 hours ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Kuala Lumpur costs RM10 (about 22 hours ago)