Cost of living in Canada
Map of Cost of Living in Canada
This map shows only the top cities in Canada. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been established, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
Are you moving to Canada? Do you know how much money you will need there to maintain your current standard of living?
Find out what is the real equivalent in Canada of your current salary and improve your chances of a happy relocation.
Get a salary conversion report for:
Cost of Living Ranking in Canada (top cities by data quality)
|9||St. John's, NL||161|
List of all cities available in Canada
What do you think about the cost of living in Canada?
Recent Prices Added
- Utilities, monthly for 2 people in 900 sqft in Vancouver costs C$2,846 (about 3 hours ago)
- 1 pack of marlboro cigarettes in Victoria costs C$12 (about 7 hours ago)
- Nice dinner at an italian restaurant, dinner for two in Victoria costs C$85 (about 7 hours ago)
- 1 ticket to the movies in Victoria costs C$24 (about 7 hours ago)
- Public transport in Victoria costs C$85 (about 7 hours ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Victoria costs C$1.16 (about 7 hours ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Victoria costs C$19,995 (about 7 hours ago)
- Public transport in Toronto costs C$142 (about 15 hours ago)
- Public transport in Calgary costs C$110 (about 16 hours ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Montreal costs C$6,450 (about 17 hours ago)