Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Zomba, Malawi
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 400 prices entered by 62 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 21, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.795 MWK / KPW *
Do you live in Zomba? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 34% more expensive than in Zomba (Malawi)
For example, you would need at least 11,403,409 Kwacha (14,347,921 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 8,510,000 Kwacha in Zomba.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Leeds costs £15 (20 minutes ago)
- Utilities, monthly for 2 people in 85 m2 in Addis Ababa costs 20,000 Birr (35 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Madras costs ₨250 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Seattle, Washington costs $2,541 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Singapore costs SGD $1,321 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in San Diego, California costs $89 (about 1 hour ago)