Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Zanzibar, Tanzania
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 2%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 421 prices entered by 70 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 16, 2018. Exchange rate: 2.520 TZS / KPW *
Do you live in Zanzibar? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 74% more expensive than in Zanzibar (Tanzania)
For example, you would need at least 5,140,320 Shilling (2,039,809 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 2,950,000 Shilling in Zanzibar.
Recent Prices Added
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Davao costs Php300 (20 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Detroit, Michigan costs $610 (37 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Reynosa costs Mex$ 15 (41 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Jeddah costs ﷼ 55 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Houston, Texas costs $1,525 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $798 (about 1 hour ago)