Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Pretoria, South Africa
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 79%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 891 prices entered by 114 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 22, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.01413 ZAR / KPW *
Do you live in Pretoria? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 72% more expensive than in Pretoria (South Africa)
For example, you would need at least R 49,890 (3,530,007 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with R 29,000 in Pretoria.
Recent Prices Added
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Warsaw costs 100 zł (5 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Cork costs €12 (13 minutes ago)
- 1 pack of marlboro cigarettes in Tucson, Arizona costs $6.00 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 ticket to the theater (best available seats) in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria costs €18 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Malatya costs 15TL (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in San Jose, Costa Rica costs ₡ 300,000 (about 1 hour ago)