Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Pretoria, South Africa
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 91%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 947 prices entered by 127 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 16, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.01593 ZAR / KPW *
Do you live in Pretoria? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 96% more expensive than in Pretoria (South Africa)
For example, you would need at least R 48,956 (3,073,170 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with R 25,000 in Pretoria.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Miami, Florida costs $1,757 (23 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Victoria costs C$20 (29 minutes ago)
- Utilities (studio), monthly for 1 person in 45 m2 in Medellín costs COL$650,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Malmo costs 150 kr (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Reykjavik costs 200,000 kr (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Aarhus costs kr500 (about 2 hours ago)