Cost of living comparison between Leipzig, Germany and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,961 prices entered by 1,045 different people.
These prices were last updated on September 27, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.124 USD / EUR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Leipzig (Germany) is 46% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,000 in New York City you would need to make just about $8,039 (€7,150) in Leipzig.
Recent Prices Added
- Internet 8 mbps, 1 month in Guam costs $500 (18 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Port of Spain costs 40 TT$ (21 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Curitiba costs R$ 3.70 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Copenhagen costs kr15,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Short visit to private doctor in Edinburgh costs £0.00 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Genoa costs €15 (about 1 hour ago)