Cost of living comparison between Leipzig, Germany and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,783 prices entered by 872 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 29, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.119 USD / EUR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Leipzig (Germany) is 45% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,625 in New York City you would need to make just about $8,525 (€7,617) in Leipzig.
Recent Prices Added
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Ensenada costs Mex$ 80 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Seoul costs ₩8,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 kg of tomatoes in Buenos Aires costs ARS $40 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Montreal costs C$82 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Austin, Texas costs $2,541 (about 2 hours ago)
- Public transport in Vienna costs €50 (about 2 hours ago)