Cost of living comparison between Leipzig, Germany and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,891 prices entered by 1,012 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 25, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.126 USD / EUR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Leipzig (Germany) is 46% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,625 in New York City you would need to make just about $8,417 (€7,473) in Leipzig.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Limerick costs €0.10 (17 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Stavropol' costs руб 400 (21 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Los Angeles, California costs $2,033 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Gunsan costs ₩30,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Sydney costs AU$18,490 (about 1 hour ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Aarhus costs kr30 (about 1 hour ago)