Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia compared to New York City, United States
|Personal Care||- 77%|
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 4,282 prices entered by 1,198 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 20, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.22473 USD / MYR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 67% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,000 in New York City you would need to make just about $5,019 (RM22,334) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Wrocław costs 2,500 zł (26 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of rice in Accra costs GH₵4.00 (30 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Toronto costs C$140 (33 minutes ago)
- Jeans (levis 501 or similar) in San Luis Potosí costs Mex$ 899 (41 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in San Salvador costs $800 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Denver, Colorado costs $8 (about 1 hour ago)