Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,811 prices entered by 875 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 26, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.24246 USD / MYR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 62% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,625 in New York City you would need to make just about $5,942 (RM24,507) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Yaoundé costs 5,000 Franc (20 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Cairo costs E£ 5,550 (25 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Reading, Berkshire costs £55 (43 minutes ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Ljubljana costs €557 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Delhi costs ₨1,200 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kampala costs 35,000 Shilling (about 2 hours ago)