Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 4,195 prices entered by 1,196 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 03, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.22421 USD / MYR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 66% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,625 in New York City you would need to make just about $5,312 (RM23,694) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Honolulu, Hawaii costs $3,050 (5 minutes ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Valencia costs €539 (10 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Lisbon costs €35 (29 minutes ago)
- Sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands) in Saharanpur costs ₨2,500 (35 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in normal area in Jeddah costs ﷼ 505 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Ankara costs 450TL (about 1 hour ago)