Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 4,169 prices entered by 1,116 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 26, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.24067 USD / MYR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 64% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,625 in New York City you would need to make just about $5,701 (RM23,688) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 85 m2 in Maribor costs €400 (6 minutes ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Tulsa, Oklahoma costs $350 (8 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Brisbane costs AU$2,795 (38 minutes ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Alicante costs €450 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Moscow costs руб 120,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Johannesburg costs R 400 (about 1 hour ago)