Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,966 prices entered by 1,020 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 25, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.24814 USD / MYR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 62% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,000 in New York City you would need to make just about $5,681 (RM22,896) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Bangkok costs 400 ฿ (13 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of boneless chicken breast in Melbourne costs AU$4.50 (about 1 hour ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Panama City costs 25 B/. (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Raleigh, North Carolina costs $1,017 (about 2 hours ago)
- 1 us gal of gasoline in Kansas City, Missouri costs $0.60 (about 2 hours ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Moncton costs C$2.00 (about 2 hours ago)