Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and New York City, United States
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,942 prices entered by 981 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 30, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.24829 USD / MYR
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 62% cheaper than in New York City (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $15,625 in New York City you would need to make just about $5,970 (RM24,045) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Sydney costs AU$240 (2 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Canberra costs AU$15 (16 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Aarhus costs kr38 (41 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Brisbane costs AU$6,450 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Padua costs €12 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Ho Chi Minh City costs 120,000 ₫ (about 2 hours ago)