Cost of living comparison between Kathmandu, Nepal and Melbourne, Australia
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 2,725 prices entered by 461 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 27, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.01248 AUD / NPR
Do you live in Melbourne? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Kathmandu (Nepal) is 47% cheaper than in Melbourne (Australia)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require AU$2,500 in Melbourne you would need to make just about AU$1,329 (₨ 106,538) in Kathmandu.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Edmonton costs C$92 (8 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Mexico City costs Mex$ 10,000 (11 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Bangkok costs 60,000 ฿ (23 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Rio de Janeiro costs R$ 228 (26 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Bhatinda costs ₨1,017 (44 minutes ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Guatemala City costs Q4,999 (about 1 hour ago)