Cost of living comparison between Kathmandu, Nepal and Melbourne, Australia
This comparison is lacking data. It provides a decent comparison, but it is not yet reliable. It is based on 2,298 prices entered by 383 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 02, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.01239 AUD / NPR
Do you live in Melbourne? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Kathmandu (Nepal) is 46% cheaper than in Melbourne (Australia)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require AU$3,750 in Melbourne you would need to make just about AU$2,025 (₨ 163,456) in Kathmandu.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Karachi costs ₨60 (13 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in St. Louis, Missouri costs $8 (16 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Belo Horizonte costs R$ 20 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Buenos Aires costs ARS $20,000 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Vancouver, Washington costs $7 (about 3 hours ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Monterrey costs Mex$ 14 (about 4 hours ago)