Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and Manchester, United Kingdom
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 919 prices entered by 120 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 22, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.19013 GBP / MYR
Do you live in Manchester? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 43% cheaper than in Manchester (United Kingdom)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require £3,750 in Manchester you would need to make just about £2,142 (RM11,263) in Georgetown (Penang).
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Melbourne costs AU$140 (8 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Gurgaon costs ₨0.60 (14 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Oslo costs kr 18,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Kyoto costs ¥119 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in San Francisco, California costs $300 (about 2 hours ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Kuala Lumpur costs RM1,500 (about 2 hours ago)