Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea vs Lawrence, Kansas, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 138%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 132 prices entered by 12 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 13, 2021. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Lawrence, Kansas? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 111% more expensive than in Lawrence, Kansas (United States)
For example, you would need at least $6,554 (5,898,704 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,100 in Lawrence, Kansas.
Prices recently added
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Milwaukee, Wisconsin costs $1,525 (42 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Kota Kinabalu costs RM7 (about 1 hour ago)
- 2 lbs of tomatoes in Richmond, Virginia costs $3.95 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Santa Cruz de Tenerife costs €600 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Coro costs 4,800,000 Bs.S. (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Provo, Utah costs $15 (about 3 hours ago)