Cost of living in Tehran, Iran vs Istanbul, Turkey
WARNING! Tehran has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Tehran.
|Personal Care||+ 150%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 3,122 prices entered by 425 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 20, 2021. Exchange rate: 0.00019 TRY / IRR *
Do you live in Istanbul? We need your help!
Cost of living in Tehran (Iran) is 233% more expensive than in Istanbul (Turkey)
For example, you would need at least 39,988TL (﷼ 207,788,211) in Tehran to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 12,000TL in Istanbul.
Prices recently added
- Utilities (studio), monthly for 1 person in 480 sqft in Phoenix, Arizona costs $202 (21 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Cordova costs €15 (29 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of boneless chicken breast in Istanbul costs 5.00TL (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 pack of marlboro cigarettes in Oslo costs kr 139 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic dinner out in neighborhood pub, dinner for two in Cuernavaca costs Mex$ 250 (about 1 hour ago)
- Sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands) in Khulna costs Taka 1,500 (about 1 hour ago)