Cost of living comparison between Hanoi, Vietnam and Hong Kong
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 2,098 prices entered by 329 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 29, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00035 HKD / VND
Do you live in Hong Kong? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Hanoi (Vietnam) is 65% cheaper than in Hong Kong
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require HK$93,750 in Hong Kong you would need to make just about HK$32,864 (94,500,149 ₫) in Hanoi.
Recent Prices Added
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in São José dos Campos costs R$ 75,000 (8 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kingston costs J$550 (12 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Chicago, Illinois costs $2,048 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania costs $1,312 (about 1 hour ago)
- Short visit to private doctor in Cologne costs €20 (about 1 hour ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Wrocław costs 50 zł (about 2 hours ago)