Cost of living in Tokyo, Japan compared to Edinburgh, United Kingdom
|Personal Care||+ 11%|
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 1,501 prices entered by 267 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 19, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00711 GBP / JPY
Do you live in Edinburgh? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Tokyo (Japan) is 39% more expensive than in Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
For example, you would need at least £5,199 (¥731,508) in Tokyo to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with £3,750 in Edinburgh.
Recent Prices Added
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Melbourne costs AU$3,440 (22 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Timisoara costs 2.50 lei (37 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Maui costs $9 (about 1 hour ago)
- 12 eggs, large in Austin, Texas costs $4.10 (about 1 hour ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Quebec City costs C$3.00 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Windsor costs C$1,211 (about 2 hours ago)