Cost of living comparison between Lilongwe, Malawi and Edinburgh, United Kingdom
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 579 prices entered by 88 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 28, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00115 GBP / MWK
Do you live in Edinburgh? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Lilongwe (Malawi) is 38% cheaper than in Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require £3,125 in Edinburgh you would need to make just about £1,925 (1,669,531 Kwacha) in Lilongwe.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Fort Worth, Texas costs $5.00 (9 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in St. Gallen costs CHF 900 (23 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Kowloon costs HK$378 (30 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Hamburg costs €800 (about 1 hour ago)
- 24 tablets box of cold medicine (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex, or equivalent brands) in Fort-de-France costs €12 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Canberra costs AU$30 (about 1 hour ago)