Cost of living comparison between Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 937 prices entered by 95 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 30, 2016. Exchange rate: 21.758 TZS / KES
Do you live in Dar es Salaam? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Nairobi (Kenya) is 7% cheaper than in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 9,765,625 Shilling in Dar es Salaam you would need to make just about 9,111,165 Shilling (Shilling418,744) in Nairobi.
Recent Prices Added
- 2 liters of whole fat milk in Auckland costs NZ$2.30 (19 minutes ago)
- 12 doses box of antibiotics in Tehran costs ﷼ 2.00 (33 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Denver, Colorado costs $712 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Beirut costs 50,000 L£ (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Athens, Georgia costs $31 (about 1 hour ago)
- 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats) in Tokyo costs ¥227 (about 1 hour ago)