Cost of living comparison between Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 1,039 prices entered by 98 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 30, 2016. Exchange rate: 21.564 TZS / KES
Do you live in Dar es Salaam? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Nairobi (Kenya) is 10% cheaper than in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 9,765,625 Shilling in Dar es Salaam you would need to make just about 8,833,511 Shilling (Shilling409,642) in Nairobi.
Recent Prices Added
- Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city in Dindigul costs ₨100 (5 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Milan costs €500 (11 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Seattle, Washington costs $2,338 (15 minutes ago)
- 1 year rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Denver, Colorado costs $186 (33 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Gibraltar costs £62 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in São Paulo costs R$ 230 (about 1 hour ago)