Cost of living comparison between Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
This comparison is lacking data. It provides a decent comparison, but it is not yet reliable. It is based on 1,066 prices entered by 99 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 28, 2016. Exchange rate: 21.544 TZS / KES
Do you live in Dar es Salaam? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Nairobi (Kenya) is 10% cheaper than in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 7,812,500 Shilling in Dar es Salaam you would need to make just about 7,060,314 Shilling (Shilling327,712) in Nairobi.
Recent Prices Added
- Weekly rent - 1 room (45m2) furnished studio in expensive area in Glasgow costs £280 (6 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Yanbu` al Bahr costs ﷼ 20 (6 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Sydney costs AU$2,924 (8 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Johannesburg costs R 371,000 (20 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Burgas costs 1.96 лв (27 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Casablanca costs 306,000 Dirham (27 minutes ago)