Cost of living comparison between Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 3,230 prices entered by 282 different people.
These prices were last updated on February 13, 2016. Exchange rate: 21.463 TZS / KES
Do you live in Dar es Salaam? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Nairobi (Kenya) is 22% cheaper than in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 9,765,625 Shilling in Dar es Salaam you would need to make just about 7,616,970 Shilling (Shilling354,885) in Nairobi.
Recent Prices Added
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Abu Dhabi costs Dirham 65,000 (36 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Stockholm costs 14,000 kr (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Christchurch costs NZ$1.76 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Mashhad costs ﷼ 3,500,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 85 m2 in Maribor costs €250 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Nizhniy Novgorod costs руб 300 (about 2 hours ago)