Cost of living comparison between Lilongwe, Malawi and Chicago, Illinois, United States
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,173 prices entered by 481 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 30, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00140 USD / MWK
Do you live in Chicago, Illinois? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Lilongwe (Malawi) is 51% cheaper than in Chicago, Illinois (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $3,125 in Chicago, Illinois you would need to make just about $1,543 (1,098,673 Kwacha) in Lilongwe.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Athens costs €30 (41 minutes ago)
- Ipod nano 16gb in Chicago, Illinois costs $150 (42 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Vancouver costs C$92 (43 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Szczecin costs 20 zł (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Addis Ababa costs 140 Birr (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 year rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Rio de Janeiro costs R$ 84,708 (about 2 hours ago)