Cost of living comparison between Lilongwe, Malawi and Chicago, Illinois, United States
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,094 prices entered by 484 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 22, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00141 USD / MWK
Do you live in Chicago, Illinois? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Lilongwe (Malawi) is 51% cheaper than in Chicago, Illinois (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $3,125 in Chicago, Illinois you would need to make just about $1,532 (1,090,536 Kwacha) in Lilongwe.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in New York City costs $98 (9 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Tabriz costs ﷼ 250,000 (13 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Ankara costs 1,100TL (36 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Istanbul costs 80TL (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Helsinki costs €12 (about 2 hours ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Johannesburg costs R 430,000 (about 2 hours ago)