Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Anchorage, Alaska, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||- 9%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 522 prices entered by 84 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 22, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Anchorage, Alaska? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 5% more expensive than in Anchorage, Alaska (United States)
For example, you would need at least $7,030 (6,326,817 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $6,700 in Anchorage, Alaska.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Bangkok costs 860 ฿ (7 minutes ago)
- 12 doses box of antibiotics in Edinburgh costs £0.00 (17 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Chişinău costs 0.50 Leu (23 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Sydney costs AU$3.80 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Balneario Camboriu costs R$ 2,500 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Buenos Aires costs ARS $13,000 (about 1 hour ago)