Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Anchorage, Alaska, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||- 2%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 473 prices entered by 77 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 26, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Anchorage, Alaska? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is about the same as in Anchorage, Alaska (United States)
For example, you would need at least $3,232 (2,909,051 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,125 in Anchorage, Alaska.
Recent Prices Added
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Valletta costs €4.00 (11 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Dubai costs Dirham 3,000 (23 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Mumbai costs ₨30,495 (32 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Paris costs €30,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 pack of marlboro cigarettes in Honolulu, Hawaii costs $100 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Seattle, Washington costs $1.00 (about 2 hours ago)