Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Anchorage, Alaska, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 331%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 296 prices entered by 62 different people.
These prices were last updated on February 26, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00762 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Anchorage, Alaska? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 439% more expensive than in Anchorage, Alaska (United States)
For example, you would need at least $20,203 (2,651,339 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,750 in Anchorage, Alaska.
Recent Prices Added
- 2 uk pt of whole fat milk in Glasgow costs £1.06 (17 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Casablanca costs 70 Dirham (26 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Minneapolis - St. Paul, Minnesota costs $26 (42 minutes ago)
- Ipod nano 16gb in Kuala Lumpur costs RM579 (42 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Athens costs €1.20 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Copenhagen costs kr499 (about 1 hour ago)