Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Anchorage, Alaska, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 4%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 723 prices entered by 114 different people.
These prices were last updated on November 17, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Anchorage, Alaska? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 4% cheaper than in Anchorage, Alaska (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $6,600 in Anchorage, Alaska you would need to make just about $6,326 (5,693,244 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Kuala Lumpur costs RM120 (8 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Bridgeport, Connecticut costs $12 (24 minutes ago)
- Ipad wi-fi 128gb in Medellín costs COL$1,400,000 (33 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Lugano costs CHF 25 (about 2 hours ago)
- 500 ml domestic beer in the supermarket in Barranquilla costs COL$2,500 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Seattle, Washington costs $3,558 (about 3 hours ago)