Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Anchorage, Alaska, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||- 22%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 291 prices entered by 58 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 19, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Anchorage, Alaska? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 8% cheaper than in Anchorage, Alaska (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $3,125 in Anchorage, Alaska you would need to make just about $2,872 (2,585,175 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 kg of rice in Paris costs €2.00 (1 minute ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Podgorica costs €350 (10 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Columbus, Ohio costs $1,240 (14 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $111 (15 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Jacksonville, Florida costs $1,220 (about 1 hour ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Cape Town costs R 10 (about 2 hours ago)