Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Amman, Jordan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 58%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 1,719 prices entered by 170 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 18, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00079 JOD / KPW *
Do you live in Amman? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 40% more expensive than in Amman (Jordan)
For example, you would need at least Dinar 2,237 (2,847,907 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with Dinar 1,600 in Amman.
Recent Prices Added
- One-way ticket in public transport in Melbourne costs AU$4.25 (19 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Phuket costs 500 ฿ (36 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Vaasa costs €32,313 (43 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Hanover costs €900 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in San Diego, California costs $456 (about 1 hour ago)
- Utilities, weekly for 2 people in 2 bedrooms (85m2) in Gold Coast costs AU$2,365 (about 1 hour ago)