Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Amarillo, Texas, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 98 prices entered by 14 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 24, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Amarillo, Texas? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 8% more expensive than in Amarillo, Texas (United States)
For example, you would need at least $2,702 (2,431,613 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $2,500 in Amarillo, Texas.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria costs €10 (less than a minute ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Oporto costs €0.08 (5 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Minneapolis - St. Paul, Minnesota costs $1.75 (8 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Toronto costs C$130 (19 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Geneva costs CHF 70 (31 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Villahermosa costs Mex$ 8,500 (35 minutes ago)