Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Amarillo, Texas, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||- 27%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 156 prices entered by 19 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 18, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Amarillo, Texas? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 4% more expensive than in Amarillo, Texas (United States)
For example, you would need at least $2,610 (2,348,645 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $2,500 in Amarillo, Texas.
Recent Prices Added
- Hourly rate for babysitter services in Salt Lake City, Utah costs $20 (less than a minute ago)
- 1 kg of rice in Toulouse costs €7 (2 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Vaasa costs €775 (17 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Tallahassee, Florida costs $878 (34 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Bulawayo costs $60 (40 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Belfast costs £5.00 (41 minutes ago)