Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Amarillo, Texas, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||- 22%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 491 prices entered by 76 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 19, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Amarillo, Texas? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 28% more expensive than in Amarillo, Texas (United States)
For example, you would need at least $4,601 (4,140,919 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,600 in Amarillo, Texas.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast in San Diego, California costs $3.30 (1 minute ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kowloon costs HK$80 (7 minutes ago)
- 3 lb bag of apples in Anchorage, Alaska costs $7 (11 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Barquisimeto costs Bs 600,000 (18 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Edmonton costs C$1,779 (23 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Poznan costs 1,000 zł (24 minutes ago)