Cost of living comparison between Vientiane, Laos and Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 88 prices entered by 7 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 03, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00055 MYR / LAK
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Vientiane (Laos) is 40% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM4,375 (8,016,004 ₭) in Vientiane to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,125 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in San Sebastian costs €0.06 (about 1 hour ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Caracas costs Bs 4,500 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Melbourne costs AU$160 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Mountain View, California costs $20 (about 2 hours ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Jaipur costs ₨400 (about 2 hours ago)