Cost of living comparison between Thimphu, Bhutan and Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 111 prices entered by 6 different people.
These prices were last updated on September 29, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.06516 MYR / BTN
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Thimphu (Bhutan) is 6% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM3,319 (50,941 Ngultrum) in Thimphu to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,125 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Caracas costs Bs 8,000 (14 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Seattle, Washington costs $165 (23 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Los Angeles, California costs $1,525 (35 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Rio de Janeiro costs R$ 8,557 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Copenhagen costs kr1.00 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Nicosia costs €40 (about 1 hour ago)