Cost of living comparison between Portland, Oregon, United States and Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,035 prices entered by 314 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 26, 2016. Exchange rate: 4.155 MYR / USD
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Portland, Oregon (United States) is 58% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM4,932 ($1,187) in Portland, Oregon to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,125 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Khabarovsk costs руб 25 (9 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Kazan' costs руб 40,000 (12 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Shreveport, Louisiana costs $6.00 (12 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Denver, Colorado costs $1,271 (34 minutes ago)
- Hourly rate for domestic cleaning help in Lucknow costs ₨20 (about 1 hour ago)
- Short visit to private doctor in Winnipeg costs C$186 (about 1 hour ago)