Cost of living comparison between Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 241 prices entered by 14 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 20, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.314 MYR / PGK
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea) is 26% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM3,146 (2,394 Kina) in Port Moresby to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM2,500 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Jizan costs ﷼ 4,000 (37 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kharkiv costs 80₴ (38 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Doha costs 7,000 ﷼ (about 1 hour ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Brisbane costs AU$1,935 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Dallas, Texas costs $864 (about 2 hours ago)
- Public transport in Jakarta costs Rp 300,000 (about 2 hours ago)