Cost of living in Lae, Papua New Guinea compared to Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on less than 10 prices entered by less than 5 different people.
These prices were last updated on September 29, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.399 MYR / PGK
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Lae (Papua New Guinea) is 20% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM4,510 (3,223 Kina) in Lae to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,750 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Tilburg costs €151 (less than a minute ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Düsseldorf costs €7 (16 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Stuttgart costs €10 (21 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Dhaka costs Taka 2.00 (24 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Varanasi costs ₨800 (41 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Los Angeles, California costs $1,100 (about 1 hour ago)