Cost of living comparison between Lae, Papua New Guinea and Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on less than 10 prices entered by less than 5 different people.
These prices were last updated on September 29, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.322 MYR / PGK
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Lae (Papua New Guinea) is 17% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM3,670 (2,775 Kina) in Lae to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,125 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Athens costs €30 (17 minutes ago)
- Ipod nano 16gb in Rijeka costs 1,600 kn (23 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kuala Lumpur costs RM15 (25 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Caracas costs Bs 900 (about 1 hour ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Orlando, Florida costs $5,160 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Jackson, Mississippi costs $42 (about 1 hour ago)