Cost of living comparison between Des Moines, Iowa, United States and Alor Star, Malaysia
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 260 prices entered by 36 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 28, 2016. Exchange rate: 4.196 MYR / USD
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Des Moines, Iowa (United States) is 50% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM5,642 ($1,345) in Des Moines, Iowa to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,750 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 kg of boneless chicken breast in Nizhniy Novgorod costs руб 108 (1 minute ago)
- 1 year rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Dubai costs Dirham 10,165 (17 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Mexico City costs Mex$ 1,000,000,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Dhaka costs Taka 500 (about 1 hour ago)
- 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats) in Tuzla costs 8KM (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Sorocaba costs R$ 20 (about 1 hour ago)