Cost of living in Des Moines, Iowa, United States compared to Alor Star, Malaysia
|Personal Care||+ 160%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 225 prices entered by 32 different people.
These prices were last updated on March 22, 2017. Exchange rate: 4.430 MYR / USD
Do you live in Alor Star? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Des Moines, Iowa (United States) is 49% more expensive than in Alor Star (Malaysia)
For example, you would need at least RM5,587 ($1,261) in Des Moines, Iowa to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with RM3,750 in Alor Star.
Recent Prices Added
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Limerick costs €40 (1 minute ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Sydney costs AU$2,580 (4 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Portsmouth costs £60 (28 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Budapest costs 180,000 Ft (28 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Abidjan costs 12,000 Franc (39 minutes ago)
- Hourly rate for domestic cleaning help in Lahore costs ₨70 (40 minutes ago)