Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Almaty, Kazakhstan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 65%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 591 prices entered by 47 different people.
These prices were last updated on March 24, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.35042 KZT / KPW *
Do you live in Almaty? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 97% more expensive than in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
For example, you would need at least 614,953 KZT (1,754,892 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 312,500 KZT in Almaty.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 year rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Novo Hamburgo costs R$ 84 (21 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Bangkok costs 200 ฿ (24 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Southampton costs £10 (25 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Lyon costs €75 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Cleveland, Ohio costs $14 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Chicago, Illinois costs $42 (about 1 hour ago)