Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Almaty, Kazakhstan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 105%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 578 prices entered by 77 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 23, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.37308 KZT / KPW *
Do you live in Almaty? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 131% more expensive than in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
For example, you would need at least 1,150,574 KZT (3,084,004 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 498,000 KZT in Almaty.
Recent Prices Added
- One-way ticket in public transport in Cuiabá costs R$ 3.60 (19 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Seoul costs ₩8,786,680,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Vancouver costs C$25 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Salt Lake City, Utah costs $1,525 (about 2 hours ago)
- Public transport in Ho Chi Minh City costs 135,000 ₫ (about 2 hours ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Des Moines, Iowa costs $5.59 (about 2 hours ago)