Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Almaty, Kazakhstan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 76%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 587 prices entered by 51 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 16, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.36929 KZT / KPW *
Do you live in Almaty? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 107% more expensive than in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
For example, you would need at least 808,830 KZT (2,190,236 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 390,625 KZT in Almaty.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Detroit, Michigan costs $69 (4 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Southampton costs £25 (12 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Honolulu, Hawaii costs $3.99 (27 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Yangon costs 200 Kyat (38 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Jamshedpur costs ₨7,624 (about 1 hour ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Ljubljana costs €1.20 (about 1 hour ago)