Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Almaty, Kazakhstan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 109%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 618 prices entered by 58 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 24, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.36218 KZT / KPW *
Do you live in Almaty? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 135% more expensive than in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
For example, you would need at least 1,308,992 KZT (3,614,226 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 557,000 KZT in Almaty.
Recent Prices Added
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Calgary costs C$82 (13 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Huntsville, Alabama costs $0.00 (24 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Hanoi costs 30,000 ₫ (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Monterrey costs Mex$ 12 (about 2 hours ago)
- Public transport in Sydney costs AU$100 (about 2 hours ago)