Cost of living comparison between Johannesburg, South Africa and Almaty, Kazakhstan
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,988 prices entered by 273 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 28, 2016. Exchange rate: 24.064 KZT / ZAR
Do you live in Almaty? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Johannesburg (South Africa) is 22% more expensive than in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
For example, you would need at least 476,152 KZT (R 19,787) in Johannesburg to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 390,625 KZT in Almaty.
Recent Prices Added
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Gdańsk costs 8 zł (7 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Edmonton costs C$18 (11 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Madras costs ₨2,000 (16 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Memphis, Tennessee costs $757 (25 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Atlanta, Georgia costs $41 (31 minutes ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Miami, Florida costs $50 (about 1 hour ago)