Cost of living comparison between Des Moines, Iowa, United States and Alicante, Spain
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 511 prices entered by 55 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 07, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.931 EUR / USD
Do you live in Alicante? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Des Moines, Iowa (United States) is 44% more expensive than in Alicante (Spain)
For example, you would need at least €4,514 ($4,848) in Des Moines, Iowa to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with €3,125 in Alicante.
Recent Prices Added
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Kiev costs 750,000₴ (5 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Bratislava costs €0.80 (8 minutes ago)
- 500 ml beer in neighbourhood pub in Reykjavik costs 1,200 kr (12 minutes ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Montego Bay costs J$10,000 (43 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Rio de Janeiro costs R$ 12,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Brisbane costs AU$220 (about 1 hour ago)