Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Alexandria, Egypt
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 131%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 497 prices entered by 45 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 28, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.02008 EGP / KPW *
Do you live in Alexandria? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 153% more expensive than in Alexandria (Egypt)
For example, you would need at least E£ 39,466 (1,965,623 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with E£ 15,625 in Alexandria.
Recent Prices Added
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Rotterdam costs €559 (19 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Calgary costs C$65 (about 2 hours ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Reykjavik costs 1,490 kr (about 2 hours ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Los Angeles, California costs $50 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Yerevan costs 5,000Dram (about 3 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Warsaw costs 27 zł (about 4 hours ago)