Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Aleppo, Syria
WARNING! Aleppo and Pyongyang have artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Aleppo or the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 47 prices entered by 10 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 27, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.574 SYP / KPW *
Do you live in Aleppo? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 147% more expensive than in Aleppo (Syria)
For example, you would need at least 1,004,949 £ (1,749,428 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 406,250 £ in Aleppo.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Saint Petersburg costs руб 65,000 (2 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Moscow costs руб 56 (8 minutes ago)
- 60 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Tampa, Florida costs $0.13 (14 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Chicago, Illinois costs $68 (17 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Florence costs €350 (23 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Subotica costs 12,000 Дин. (30 minutes ago)