Cost of living comparison between Des Moines, Iowa, United States and Aleppo, Syria
WARNING! Aleppo has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Aleppo.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 250 prices entered by 36 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 03, 2016. Exchange rate: 515.000 SYP / USD *
Do you live in Aleppo? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Des Moines, Iowa (United States) is 321% more expensive than in Aleppo (Syria)
For example, you would need at least 1,645,024 £ ($3,194) in Des Moines, Iowa to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 390,625 £ in Aleppo.
Recent Prices Added
- Short visit to private doctor in Szeged costs 11,000 Ft (18 minutes ago)
- 50ml deodorant, roll-on in Bangkok costs 100 ฿ (27 minutes ago)
- Bread for 2 people for 1 day (250 g) in Chengdu costs 元13 (28 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Baku costs 0.70 ман (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Rajahmundry costs ₨10,165 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in San Sebastian costs €0.06 (about 2 hours ago)