Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Albany, New York, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 32%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 440 prices entered by 55 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 22, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Albany, New York? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 12% more expensive than in Albany, New York (United States)
For example, you would need at least $3,494 (3,144,956 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,125 in Albany, New York.
Recent Prices Added
- Ipod nano 16gb in Belo Horizonte costs R$ 1,079 (1 minute ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $45 (29 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Thane costs ₨500 (31 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Vilnius costs €600 (36 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Abu Dhabi costs Dirham 25,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in normal area in San Antonio, Texas costs $656 (about 1 hour ago)