Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Albany, New York, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 51%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 435 prices entered by 56 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 20, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Albany, New York? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 15% more expensive than in Albany, New York (United States)
For example, you would need at least $4,954 (4,458,324 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $4,300 in Albany, New York.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Los Angeles, California costs $0.00 (8 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Dublin costs €2,000 (21 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Aguascalientes costs Mex$ 50 (31 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Adelaide costs AU$11 (39 minutes ago)
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 900 sqft in San Antonio, Texas costs $5,083 (about 1 hour ago)