Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Albany, New York, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 47%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 405 prices entered by 55 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 28, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Albany, New York? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 16% more expensive than in Albany, New York (United States)
For example, you would need at least $4,515 (4,063,308 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,900 in Albany, New York.
Recent Prices Added
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 900 sqft in Chicago, Illinois costs $1,398 (5 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Riga costs €4.50 (12 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Orlando, Florida costs $610 (19 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Kraków costs 4,000 zł (19 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Mexico City costs Mex$ 600 (23 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Albuquerque, New Mexico costs $22,000 (26 minutes ago)