Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Albany, New York, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 418 prices entered by 43 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 07, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Albany, New York? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is about the same as in Albany, New York (United States)
For example, you would need at least $3,217 (2,895,520 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,125 in Albany, New York.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Surabaya costs Rp 50,000 (1 minute ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Kiev costs 750,000₴ (15 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Bratislava costs €0.80 (17 minutes ago)
- 500 ml beer in neighbourhood pub in Reykjavik costs 1,200 kr (22 minutes ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Montego Bay costs J$10,000 (about 1 hour ago)