Cost of living in Johannesburg, South Africa compared to Albany, New York, United States
|Personal Care||- 43%|
This comparison has some inconsistent or sparse data. It already provides a reliable comparison but it is not bullet-proof. It is based on 3,331 prices entered by 314 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 20, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.08352 USD / ZAR
Do you live in Albany, New York? We need your help!
Cost of living in Johannesburg (South Africa) is 39% cheaper than in Albany, New York (United States)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require $4,200 in Albany, New York you would need to make just about $2,547 (R 30,492) in Johannesburg.
Recent Prices Added
- 2 liters of whole fat milk in Salalah costs ﷼ 0.500 (18 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of boneless chicken breast in Ankara costs 8TL (29 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Budapest costs 350 Ft (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Colombo costs 450 ₨ (about 1 hour ago)
- 6 eggs, large in Pretoria costs R 60 (about 1 hour ago)
- Utilities, monthly for 2 people in 85 m2 in Amman costs Dinar 400 (about 1 hour ago)