Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Al `Amarah, Iraq
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 45 prices entered by 8 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 23, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.295 IQD / KPW *
Do you live in Al `Amarah? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 30% cheaper than in Al `Amarah (Iraq)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 11,718,750 Dinar in Al `Amarah you would need to make just about 8,239,007 Dinar (6,362,714 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands) in Suwon costs ₩55,000 (11 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Dhaka costs Taka 220 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Huntsville, Alabama costs $9 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Monrovia costs 10,100 L$ (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Louisville, Kentucky costs $1,240 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Knoxville, Tennessee costs $900 (about 2 hours ago)