Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Al `Amarah, Iraq
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 150 prices entered by 22 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 22, 2017. Exchange rate: 1.312 IQD / KPW *
Do you live in Al `Amarah? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 29% cheaper than in Al `Amarah (Iraq)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 17,200,000 Dinar in Al `Amarah you would need to make just about 12,265,696 Dinar (9,347,271 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kuala Lumpur costs RM32 (less than a minute ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Muscat costs ﷼ 600 (1 minute ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Edmonton costs C$15 (8 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Timisoara costs 2.00 lei (19 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Oakland, California costs $9 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Wrocław costs 2,000 zł (about 2 hours ago)