Cost of living in Damascus, Syria compared to Al `Amarah, Iraq
WARNING! Damascus has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Damascus.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 137 prices entered by 6 different people.
These prices were last updated on March 29, 2017. Exchange rate: 2.293 IQD / SYP *
Do you live in Al `Amarah? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Damascus (Syria) is 30% cheaper than in Al `Amarah (Iraq)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 2,031,250 Dinar in Al `Amarah you would need to make just about 1,412,995 Dinar (616,143 £) in Damascus.
Recent Prices Added
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Ljubljana costs €5.00 (3 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Guadalajara costs Mex$ 1,788 (5 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Oslo costs kr 30,000 (22 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Seattle, Washington costs $2,033 (27 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Caracas costs Bs 5,000 (35 minutes ago)
- Utilities, monthly for 2 people in 900 sqft in Washington D.C. costs $1,931 (about 1 hour ago)