Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Akron, Ohio, United States
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 304 prices entered by 29 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 27, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00111 USD / KPW *
Do you live in Akron, Ohio? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 16% more expensive than in Akron, Ohio (United States)
For example, you would need at least $3,613 (3,251,806 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with $3,125 in Akron, Ohio.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $700 (35 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in St. Louis, Missouri costs $1,525 (44 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Newcastle costs AU$120 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Los Angeles, California costs $15 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kiev costs 100₴ (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Poznan costs 22 zł (about 1 hour ago)