Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan (using Black Market exchange rate)
WARNING! This comparison uses parallel "street rates" instead of the official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the official rates.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 389 prices entered by 65 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 23, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.01336 JPY / KPWX *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 24% cheaper than in Akita (Japan)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require ¥255,000 in Akita you would need to make just about ¥193,172 (1,582,583 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Phoenix, Arizona costs $100 (18 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Omaha, Nebraska costs $18 (36 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in San Diego, California costs $3,151 (about 1 hour ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Cape Town costs R 50 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in San Juan costs $0.80 (about 2 hours ago)
- Jeans (levis 501 or similar) in Auckland costs NZ$150 (about 2 hours ago)