Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan (using Black Market exchange rate)
WARNING! This comparison uses parallel "street rates" instead of the official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the official rates.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 316 prices entered by 52 different people.
These prices were last updated on February 22, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.01336 JPY / KPWX *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 24% cheaper than in Akita (Japan)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require ¥232,000 in Akita you would need to make just about ¥175,333 (1,465,398 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Haiphong costs 7,000,000 ₫ (22 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Cochabamba costs $b14 (23 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Honolulu, Hawaii costs $2,033 (about 1 hour ago)
- Ipad wi-fi 128gb in Manama costs Dinar 181 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Santiago de los Caballeros costs RD$ 700 (about 2 hours ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Winnipeg costs C$50 (about 2 hours ago)