Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan (using Black Market exchange rate)
WARNING! This comparison uses parallel "street rates" instead of the official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the official rates.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 255 prices entered by 43 different people.
These prices were last updated on November 24, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.01381 JPY / KPWX *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 25% cheaper than in Akita (Japan)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require ¥231,000 in Akita you would need to make just about ¥174,279 (1,410,504 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in San Francisco, California costs $21,000 (2 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Singapore costs SGD $1,000 (22 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Doha costs 99 ﷼ (26 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Volta Redonda costs R$ 3.95 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Lisbon costs €12 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Hong Kong costs HK$35,578 (about 3 hours ago)