Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan (using Black Market exchange rate)
WARNING! This comparison uses parallel "street rates" instead of the official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the official rates.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 156 prices entered by 28 different people.
These prices were last updated on September 20, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.01374 JPY / KPWX *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 24% cheaper than in Akita (Japan)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require ¥271,000 in Akita you would need to make just about ¥206,477 (1,664,810 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Honolulu, Hawaii costs $55 (19 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Portland, Oregon costs $4,066 (33 minutes ago)
- Public transport in São José dos Campos costs R$ 246 (44 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Dar es Salaam costs 15,000 Shilling (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Hamburg costs €25 (about 1 hour ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Jerusalem costs 9,345,360 ₪ (about 1 hour ago)