Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 101 prices entered by 10 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 07, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.12651 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 25% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥489,822 (3,871,737 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥390,625 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Frankfurt am Main costs €250 (19 minutes ago)
- Public transport in London costs £200 (23 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Santiago costs CH$550,000 (25 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Timisoara costs 100,000 lei (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Panama City costs 1.00 B/. (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Munich costs €2,000 (about 1 hour ago)