Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 45 prices entered by 8 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 26, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.11573 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 29% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥524,653 (4,533,377 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥406,250 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Tampa, Florida costs $915 (17 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in normal area in Leeds costs £505 (18 minutes ago)
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 85 m2 in Maribor costs €400 (33 minutes ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Tulsa, Oklahoma costs $350 (35 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Brisbane costs AU$2,795 (about 1 hour ago)
- Ipad air 2, 64gb in Alicante costs €450 (about 1 hour ago)