Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea vs Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 167 prices entered by 43 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 15, 2019. Exchange rate: 0.12024 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 23% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥310,081 (2,578,785 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥252,000 in Akita.
Prices recently added
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Delhi costs ₨100 (13 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Milwaukee, Wisconsin costs $19,180 (33 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Boston, Massachusetts costs $2,236 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in San Francisco, California costs $2,846 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Guilin costs 2,300元 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Tucson, Arizona costs $9 (about 2 hours ago)