Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 102 prices entered by 13 different people.
These prices were last updated on February 25, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.856 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 358% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥1,859,476 (2,173,123 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥406,250 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Glasgow costs £10 (1 minute ago)
- Public transport in Viljandi costs €10 (9 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Hong Kong costs HK$500 (10 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Manchester costs £9 (39 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Hamburg costs €10 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Odessa costs 1,000₴ (about 1 hour ago)