Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 152 prices entered by 24 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 29, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.12454 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 34% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥338,920 (2,721,423 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥252,000 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats) in Jeddah costs ﷼ 1,200 (16 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Honolulu, Hawaii costs $80 (17 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Ciudad Juárez costs Mex$ 180 (21 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Sulaymaniyah costs 13,000 Dinar (27 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Mexico City costs Mex$ 35,000 (28 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in Jyväskylä costs €100 (38 minutes ago)