Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 389 prices entered by 65 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 24, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.12206 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 17% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥265,709 (2,176,855 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥228,000 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Denver, Colorado costs $16 (4 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Saratov costs руб 250 (19 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Minneapolis - St. Paul, Minnesota costs $2.00 (30 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Berlin costs €1,500 (34 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Los Angeles, California costs $75 (36 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Poznan costs 1,700 zł (38 minutes ago)