Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 117 prices entered by 15 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 26, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.12189 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 23% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥463,105 (3,799,303 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥375,000 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 liter of gasoline in Cochabamba costs $b3.90 (24 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Sofia costs 100 лв (36 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Tucson, Arizona costs $40 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Atlanta, Georgia costs $1,220 (about 1 hour ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Mexico City costs Mex$ 85 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in expensive area in Salvador costs R$ 2,500 (about 2 hours ago)