Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 391 prices entered by 67 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 16, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.12301 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 18% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥307,332 (2,498,480 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥261,000 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Malaga costs €9 (6 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Cedar Falls, Iowa costs $1,009 (about 1 hour ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Brussels costs €2,150 (about 1 hour ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Port Elizabeth costs R 12 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Paris costs €2,000 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Londrina costs R$ 17 (about 2 hours ago)