Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 377 prices entered by 56 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 23, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.12530 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 18% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥266,442 (2,126,476 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥226,000 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Toronto costs C$1,200 (33 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Muscat costs ﷼ 7,000 (42 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Wichita, Kansas costs $10 (about 1 hour ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Babylon, New York costs $25 (about 2 hours ago)
- Public transport in Louisville, Kentucky costs $50 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Phoenix, Arizona costs $15 (about 2 hours ago)