Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Akita, Japan
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 100 prices entered by 11 different people.
These prices were last updated on March 23, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.12404 JPY / KPW *
Do you live in Akita? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 24% more expensive than in Akita (Japan)
For example, you would need at least ¥466,547 (3,761,163 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ¥375,000 in Akita.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Rio de Janeiro costs R$ 170 (13 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Johannesburg costs R 300 (15 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Nantes costs €40 (30 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Kraków costs 4,000 zł (31 minutes ago)
- 1 kg of rice in Brussels costs €1.79 (38 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Zurich costs CHF 1,800 (38 minutes ago)