Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 79%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 479 prices entered by 100 different people.
These prices were last updated on June 24, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.02557 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 56% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 93,783 Birr (3,668,096 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 60,000 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- Furnished accommodation in normal area, monthly rent - 900 sqft in San Diego, California costs $1,830 (5 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Sorocaba costs R$ 200 (20 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Kirklareli costs 30TL (22 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Algiers costs 100,000 Dinar (43 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in San Antonio, Texas costs $12 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Tbilisi costs 26 Lari (about 1 hour ago)