Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 83%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 1,014 prices entered by 144 different people.
These prices were last updated on September 19, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.03078 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 56% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 177,921 Birr (5,780,210 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 114,000 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in New York City costs $121 (36 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Buenos Aires costs ARS $20,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Portland, Oregon costs $915 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Bangalore costs ₨300 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Lisbon costs €800 (about 1 hour ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Huntsville, Alabama costs $5.50 (about 1 hour ago)