Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 48%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 440 prices entered by 88 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 30, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.02534 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 44% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 134,532 Birr (5,308,127 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 93,750 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Perth costs AU$7 (1 minute ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Namur costs €5.00 (23 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Mumbai costs ₨44 (28 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Rio de Janeiro costs R$ 211 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Loreto costs Mex$ 72 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Dubai costs Dirham 9,000 (about 2 hours ago)