Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 79%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 813 prices entered by 123 different people.
These prices were last updated on February 24, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.03022 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 56% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 127,590 Birr (4,221,727 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 82,000 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Dubai costs Dirham 6,500 (2 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in İskenderun costs 20TL (3 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Mashhad costs ﷼ 250,000 (21 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Winnipeg costs C$100 (23 minutes ago)
- 1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans) in Delhi costs ₨10 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Mexico City costs Mex$ 320 (about 1 hour ago)