Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 95%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 1,060 prices entered by 145 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 18, 2018. Exchange rate: 0.03036 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 54% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 178,330 Birr (5,874,472 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 116,000 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Salt Lake City, Utah costs $813 (13 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Helsinki costs €2,500 (19 minutes ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Houston, Texas costs $80 (35 minutes ago)
- 2 tickets to the movies in Green Bay, Wisconsin costs $25 (about 1 hour ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Culiacán costs Mex$ 70 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Brussels costs €45 (about 1 hour ago)