Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 85%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 426 prices entered by 95 different people.
These prices were last updated on August 17, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.02582 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 58% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 115,118 Birr (4,458,151 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 73,000 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- Jeans (levis 501 or similar) in Reykjavik costs 9,990 kr (10 minutes ago)
- Utilities, monthly for 2 people in 85 m2 in Bacolod City costs Php4,000 (12 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Asunción costs 50,000 Gs (17 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in New York City costs $9 (44 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Casablanca costs 100 Dirham (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Salvador costs R$ 300 (about 1 hour ago)