Cost of living in Pyongyang, North Korea compared to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
|Personal Care||+ 50%|
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 357 prices entered by 64 different people.
These prices were last updated on January 22, 2017. Exchange rate: 0.02490 ETB / KPW *
Do you live in Addis Ababa? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 38% more expensive than in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
For example, you would need at least 129,030 Birr (5,181,818 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with 93,750 Birr in Addis Ababa.
Recent Prices Added
- 1 kg of rice in Manchester costs £1.00 (3 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Rome costs €8 (7 minutes ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in Wrocław costs 3.00 zł (22 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Tehran costs ﷼ 10,000 (31 minutes ago)
- Monthly rate for domestic cleaning help in Hyderabad costs ₨13 (35 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Žilina costs €0.55 (42 minutes ago)